It is the first RF zoom lens to combine a dedicated iris/ aperture control ring and Servo functionality via optional power zoom adapters
Canon has announced the launch of three groundbreaking RF lenses and two new power zoom adapters that offer a breadth of capabilities for content creators of all levels, broadening their creative possibilities.
The ultimate hybrid lens with two optional power zoom adapters
RF 24-105mm F2.8L IS USM Z marks a significant milestone in lens technology, one that many photographers and videographers have been waiting for. This all-in-one lens essentially performs as multiple lenses – including attributes from broadcast, cinema and standard RF lenses to make a truly versatile lens concept. It is the first RF zoom lens to combine a dedicated iris/ aperture control ring and Servo functionality via optional power zoom adapters.
It is designed to cater to the increased demand within the pro creator community for hybrid shoots encapsulating photo and video content. This feature rich, professional-level lens lends itself perfectly to capturing news, documentaries, corporate work, weddings, events, and social media content.
RF 24-105mm F2.8L IS USM Z combines the convenience and reach of the RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM lens, with the creative and low-light capability of the RF 24-70mm F2.8L IS USM – meaning there’s no longer a need to choose between these two strengths when seeking the perfect shot. The lens also maintains 5.5-stop optical image stabilisation for unparalleled image quality (up to 8-stops when combined with in-body image stabilisation1), providing extreme stability for handheld movies and high image quality when shooting images in dynamic shooting situations, such as weddings or events. The smooth control iris ring (for video) offers fine control over changing exposure – all paired with an 11-base iris for beautiful bokeh.
The new lens bridges the gap in the market for hybrid lenses, offering professional shooters the quality they seek across static and video content.
Key features of the RF 24-105mm F2.8L IS USM Z:
- Excellent image quality and weather sealing providing added durability – alongside sharp high-contrast images due to four UD lenses to correct chromatic aberration
- Professional electronic parfocal focus capability and focus breathing suppression to maintain a consistent field-of-view when shooting movies
- Internal zoom operation meaning the barrel length is constant, which is better for rigging, weather resistance, and has a smoother operation
- Smooth iris ring operation with 32 steps between stops (no clicks) and a lock release switch for the ‘Auto’ position
The features of the RF 24-105mm F2.8L IS USM Z lens can be taken even further with the newly launched power zoom adapters, bringing greater flexibility for filmmakers. The power zoom adapters allow for smooth zoom operation and remote control via Canon’s Camera Connect app or EOS Utility.
Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E2B additionally sports a 20-pin zoom/ focus remote connector that allows compatible zoom/ focus demands to be attached for studio or large-scale production environments – and is even compatible with Canon’s Zoom Servo Grip ZSG-C10.
Key features of Power Zoom Adapters PZ-E2 and PZ-E2B:
- Ergonomic grip for comfortable use when attached to the lens
- Optional USB-C external power supply for extended shooting and faster zooming
- Wide tele buttons for smooth zooming
- Zoom speed dial for control over zoom performance
- Power Zoom Adapter PZ-E2B has a 20-pin remote connector compatible with Canon zoom/ focus demands and Zoom Servo Grip ZSG-C10
The most compact and lightweight ultra-wide angle zoom lens
Revolutionary for ultra-wide angle photography and videography, the RF-S 10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM is designed for APS-C EOS R System cameras and offers a focal range of 10-18mm, making it ideal for travel, landscape, cityscape, and vlogging enthusiasts.
The lens delivers outstanding image stabilisation, providing up to 4-stops of optical image stabilisation and up to 6-stops when combined with in-body image stabilisation2. This gives photographers and video users the ability to shoot handheld with confidence, even in low light conditions. Highly-performing when combined with Movie Digital IS, it’s perfect for content creators shooting handheld who want to go wide and fit more in the frame.
Weighing only 150g, this incredibly small and light lens is the perfect companion for your travels. Creators no longer need to compromise as this lens is great for both stills and video content. Offering superior image quality and performance, it is perfect for capturing stunning ultra-wide-angle shots, effortlessly.
Key features of the RF-S 10-18mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM:
- Compact and lightweight design
- Ideal for travel, landscape, and vlogging
- Up to 4-stops of optical image stabilisation and 6-stops combined with in-body image stabilisation2
- A great match for APS-C cameras like the EOS R10, EOS R50, and EOS R7
- Superior image quality and flexibility
The longest reaching telephoto zoom lens3
RF 200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM is a full-frame super telephoto zoom lens set to revolutionise the world of wildlife and sports photography. With an incredible maximum telephoto focal length reach of 800mm, compared to a maximum of 600mm from others currently on the market, it is the longest reaching telephoto zoom lens for the RF mount3.
It is built to withstand challenging conditions with water and dust seals, ensuring photographers can capture breathtaking images in any environment, lending it unmatched versatility.
Designed for those who want to advance their photography and reach the unreachable, this lens is ideal for capturing the perfect shot from any position. Its 5.5-stop image stabilisation (up to 7.5-stops combined with EOS R cameras featuring in-body image stabilisation4), fast autofocus, focal range and optical construction deliver high quality images and videos whilst the zoom has the power to pull even small subjects right into the frame.
It is the ideal choice for enthusiasts who want to push the boundaries of wildlife and sports photography, capturing what may not have been possible previously.
Key features of the RF 200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM:
- Unique, super telephoto zoom for wildlife and sports photography, an ideal choice for amateurs and enthusiasts
- Up to 5.5-stops of optical image stabilisation and 7.5-stops combined with in-body image stabilisation4
- Nine-blade aperture for beautiful background rendering, high-quality optical construction, and fast autofocus
- Weather-resistant for use in harsh conditions